Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: OT ebay question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    About 2 weeks ago I ordered a low price item ($3, and paid about $3 in shipping). I did not purchase the insurance because it was such a cheap item, and the seller had 100% feedback. Well, you can guess what happened. The item hasn't arrived. I e-mailed the seller and she says it was sent June 2 from across the country. She asked that I give it a few more days, and if it doesn't show up to contact her again.

    I have no plans on leaving her neg. feedback- I feel it was my fault for not getting insurance. My question is (you were wondering when I was going to get to it)- do I eat the whole thing- if the seller offers a partial refund do I take it, or is that just taking advantage? I'm sure she's thinking (with her perfect feedback) that she doesn't want to risk me giving her a negative, so I'm thinking she might offer something- but like I said, I don't want to take advantage. What would be the proper e-bay etiquette, and the "right thing" to do in this situation if she offers a partial refund (I won't ask for anything)? I was planning if the item never shows to leave pos. feedback and say, "nice communicator, item never arrived, my fault-no insurance." (or something like that)

    Thanks,
    Jo

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 13, 2006 01:03 PM: Message edited by: mykidsloveAG ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you know how she sent it -- priority, parcel, media?

    I don't usually purchase insurance (unless it's something expensive), but I always insist on delivery confirmation. It's only 50 cents, and although it's not the same as insurance, you can sort of track the package.

    Hopefully the seller will work with you, especially since I'm sure she wants to maintain her 100% feedback and since most people leave negative feedback if they never receive their item (even if they didn't buy insurance).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member TexasMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    183
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you pay by PayPal? If so, you might ask if she used Paypal's shipping as it includes delivery confirmation.

    Unless she sent it Priority Mail, it is not that far behind schedule. I have had many Parcel Post things take a couple of weeks to arrive.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You may still receive the item. I know that a couple of months ago a Hostboard memeber purchased something from me and it took about 9 or 10 days for it to get from Washington State to her in California. I was pretty worried that it was not going to arrive but it did finally show up. I guess you never know with the mail how long it will take unless you use priority shipping. - Meg B.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member BittyCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know this will sound weird but if the seller accepts paypal any insurance purchased(even if you pay for it)protects her.The reason is that if you pay with paypal and the item doesn't arrive you can file an item not received complaint with paypal and unless she can prove delivery with some form of online dc/tracking paypal will give you(the buyer) your money back.To not be out any money she would have had to have insurance and file a claim with the post office.So every seller that says they are not responsible for a package once it leaves their hands without insurance is wrong if they accept Paypal(if it is damaged in transit the buyer could file item not as described complaint and prob get the money back too).The buyer is responsible for getting payment to the seller(if you mailed payment and it got lost the seller wouldn't be expected to send you the item anyway) and the seller is responsible for getting the item in the condition sold to the buyer

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It may still be coming. Sellers have started sending things parcel post, which is slooooow. I had a item also I thought was lost, but after a few weeks it showed up. So don't lose hope yet.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •